Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Really, I am not such a depressing person normally

So why does every other post seem to indicate that I need to stop having pity parties???
I used to look at something and see that the “glass was half full” but now I see I am more inclined to look at it and determine that “it’s almost empty.” It’s probably a good thing that not too many people know about this little blog cause it is rather depressing. It’s not funny, entertaining or informative. It’s just appears to be my place to whine. What a drip.

I really do have a sense of humor and there are quite a few people in my life that make me laugh. Just not sure why I can’t look past the issues and just enjoy life. I think more than being frustrated, I am just lonely and wish I had a “someone” to share with. I have been single for a long time and never thought that I would care about that. I have been pretty content with not having a “someone” in my life. I think that this started changing last fall when I broke my ankle and was confined to my house for six weeks and had to wait on someone to come and help me do the simplest of tasks. It could also have something to do with the big “5 – O” that is looming around the corner in just a little over a month now. If that’s the issue I really need to get over it.

I am really grateful for my family. I don’t know what I would do without my kids and grandkids; my parent and siblings. I just don’t want to live with any of them. How funny is that, I don’t want to live with family but I don’t really think I want to be alone either. I don’t want just a roommate. I think I am getting to a place where I need to have an emotional connection with someone. Wow, what a concept……and how do people do that these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment